Cerruti 1881 Fragrance
Cerruti is an Italian fashion house whose roots are in the textile industry. In 1881, brothers Stefano, Antonio and Quintino Cerruti opened a textile factory “Lanificio Fratelli Cerruti” specialized in wool, in the small town of Biella. The deal is transmitted Antonio’s son, Silvio, but his untimely death in 1950 has resulted in work being led by his son, Nino Cerruti, then aged just 20 years. Nino introduce modern techniques, and the results are quite successful and operations are extended in to two additional factories.
Nino’s interest moves from textiles to fashion design, and the first men’s collection, titled “Hitman” is introduced in 1957.
Cerruti brand was officially launched in Paris in 1967 with the opening of a boutique in Place de la Madeleine. Both men and women clothes are created using textile products from Lanificio Fratelli Cerruti. Cerruti is known for its exquisite fabrics and clean cuts.
The perfumes were an early and important part of the brand Cerruti. The first fragrance of company, Nino Cerruti for Men, introduced in 1978, is the first in a long line of classic “flavors”. The first fragrance for women, Nino Cerruti Pour Femme was launched in 1987.
Nino Cerruti fashion house retired in 2000 in order to concentrate on the textile. The house continues today under the leadership of creative Jesper Borjesson (men’s clothing) and Richard Nicoll (women’s clothing). Cerruti perfumes are still in production today, under the brands The Cerruti and Cerruti 1881, in collaboration with Coty.